10.03.2007

paint your worries up they melt away

i did these two pieces a few years back while i was still going to msu. at the time i was fed up with school and my art teachers, my job sucked, girls couldn't be more confusing, and i was frustrated with my lack of creativity in a dead end town. 2 and a half years later, my life basically hasn't changed much. but for the few hours i spent painting, it made me feel good.



for this piece i snuck into the art building at 3 am. i brought some paint and some brew and basically said fuck you to the montclair art dept. usually these walls are reserved for people who sign up to paint them, but they were usually crap. so if there's going to be crap on the wall it might as well be mine, right? right.


since then it's gotten painted over, but it had most of my teachers talking about it in class. i never told them it was me.



this was a piece that was fueled by alcohol...again. 5 am, mixed media, in plain view from most buildings. surprisingly it's still there.



not sure what the point of this post was. i guess i'm basically saying that if you're down in the dumps, there's always an outlet for it. go skate, paint, make music...whatever. you won't regret it.

No comments: