7.18.2006

Happy Anniversary

This summer marks the tenth year that I've been skateboarding. It seems like it was just yesterday that I bought my first board from Caldor (I know you remember Caldor). In the past couple months, I’ve come to the realization that for almost half of my entire life I’ve been fixated with these wooden things called skateboards. It’s crazy how a piece of wood can have such an impact on your life, but it only seems crazy to the people who don’t know. To us, it’s the norm. I’ve traveled to so many different places, met so many different people, and have seen so much great skating happen before my eyes, that I couldn’t have asked for a better way to spend the last ten years. Because of skateboarding, I’ve made friendships that will probably last a lifetime, and with that alone I am forever thankful for picking up a skateboard. This also makes me realize how much my life would probably suck if I had never met the people who are there for me day in, and day out. So I would like to take this time to say thank you to skateboarding, and an even bigger thank you to my friends. Who knows where we’ll be in the future, but chances are skateboarding will have something to do with it. Here’s to another ten years.


*this is a photo of me skating, back in 1998 i think. dc's and big pants sen.

1 comment:

spig said...

that was beautiful skegs, youre the man.